Tuesday, May 22, 2007

High Performance Entrepreneur - Book Review


This book is a gold mine waiting to be discovered. This is a very honest narration of what Subroto Bagichi has gone through in setting up Mindtree. Right from expectation setting to various tips to increase sales this books gives a lot of information. Whats also impressive is that it focuses on sustaining business and not just on how to get started.

If you have questions on what all a business plan should contain or even if there has to be a business plan at all in frist place then read through the pages where the author tries to convince you on his opinions. Very honest and confident, he easily takes you along his journey of memoirs.
As can be expected there are a lot of behaviourial aspects discussed as well which insists how deeply he is involved with the subject of leadership. Only regret that i had was that he did not write much about his experiences having failed in sustaining starting up a company earlier in his career. An account of these learnings would have been extremely valuable. On the whole, a definite recommendation for anybody who is interested in becoming an entrepreneur or even an intrapreneur.


2 comments:

AlpsMan said...

I think I can't keep up the speed in which you read books. But I will keep this book in my line up!

Subroto is very popular for his writings in the dailies. I think you read them too!

... said...

Thanks a lot for feeling so Chals.
But honestly i know how much ground i need to cover. I have read a few of his articles which have come my way as forwards. But i think from now on i will have in my radar ;)
Please do let me know if you come across any of his articles.