Thursday, November 20, 2008

Grownup digital


I found this extremely interesting view on the internet generation.

An article that i came across here talks about the positives of video gaming and googling. This is a total paradigm shift from what i sense is the popular opinion.

In my opinon, a good combination of book reading and net searching are needed. Former gives an opinion and substantiates it and the other helps you vet your apetite for information that will help you form an opinion.

I havent read this book and i am not too sure if i will pick this up one of these days...but then if you do read it then do me a favor and let me know on some of the details. I am certainly interested on the reasoning.

2 comments:

AlpsMan said...

The glimpse of the book itself is interesting as I read it on Businessweek website. I think he is right that today the generation is more onto net for anything - so most of our learning comes from google-ing on net - which is faster and smarter way of learning. However I personally enjoy myself reading books for lots of reasons - to get the completeness. Perhaps our web reading is jumping on topics - we do not stay on one topic from its start to end - so we take what we need but skipping what is also needed.

Interesting topic and I should pickup this book sometime.

... said...

Apparently the review on the book says that the author and his team did some survey on this generation and have based their conclusion on that.

So do let me know what you feel about the survey and its conclusion once you read the book...